Wednesday, December 8, 2010

In a sea black with ink...

Jeff Tweedy is God.

I've mentioned before my favorite band in the world, Wilco. Jeff Tweedy is the front-man of this band, and is one of the most clever-cats I have ever had the fortune of laying my ears upon.

A poet, musician, and general well-rounded artist, recovering drug addict, Chicagoian, pizza lover... this man is my generation's Bob Dylan. I'm telling you.

Here is a live version of my favorite song, and my inspiration for the name of this blog, "Sunken Treasure," with the lyrics below, courtesy of BeMyDemon.org.



Sunken Treasure

There's rows and rows of houses

With windows painted blue

With the light from a TV

Running parallel to you


But there is no sunken treasure

Rumored to be

Wrapped inside my ribs

In a sea black with ink


I am so

Out of tune

With you

I am so out of tune

With you


If I had a mountain

I'd try to fold it over

If I had a boat (probably roll over)

You know I'd probably roll over (leave it on the shore)


And I leave it on the shore (leave it for somebody)

I'd leave it for somebody

Surely there's somebody

Who needs it more than me


I am so

Out of tune

With you

I am so out of tune

With you


For all the leaves will burn

In autumn fires and then return

For all the fires we burn

All will return


Music is my savior

I was maimed by rock and roll

I was maimed by rock and roll

I was tamed by rock and roll

I got my name from rock and roll

No comments:

Post a Comment