Thursday, November 11, 2010

Goodbye Sky Harbour...

Sometimes I feel like I have the worst memory in the world. I keep my iCal loaded with plenty reminders for concerts I would like to see here in Paris, but for some reason I feel like I always forget about them.

There is a website that I constantly visit when I'm at home in New York or visiting friends in Chicago, where I went to Columbia College Chicago for my BA in Arts, Entertainment, & Media Management. It's called OhMyRockness, and it is loaded up with more concert date information than I could even dream of.

Any day of the week you can go to OhMyRockness.com, and if you're bored, it'll give you information on artists that are playing in the area, how much the tickets are, an
d where they're playing. It's absolutely genius.

The only problem is-- right now they are only listing shows for New York, Chicago, and Los Angeles.

I can imagine that the upkeep of such a project is fairly tedious; lots of phone calls, e-mails, and surfing the web for information.

Anyway, I am hoping that I can find something like this in Paris before I ship back off to the states. It would make it easier for me to find great musicians and shows here in this lovely city.

Although, I can't say I'm doing a terrible job; tomorrow I will go see JIMMY EAT WORLD and Minus the Bear at La Fleche d'Or. I have been waiting for this day for MONTHS!

I leave you with this very simple and colorful video for the song "My Time" by Minus the Bear:

No comments:

Post a Comment