Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Back to the island.

I'M HOMESICK!

Today, in the midst of sickness and never-ending rain, I am reminiscing about my car-rides to and from work at ClayNation on Long Island, to Union Pool in Williamsburg, Brooklyn, to Piano's in the Lower East Side. Last November was the best.

You know what the best part about those car-rides were? My favorite radio station, 90.7WFUV.

This public radio station, produced by Fordham University, has pretty much introduced me to 70% of all my new favorite artists. I went home almost every day with the name of at least one new band or artist. Not bad.

But what I have really been missing the most is Russ Borris and The Alternate Side, a show that plays on WFUV from 10pm-midnight, M-F.

The good news is that The Alternate Side streams their live radio broadcast online, so no matter how homesick I get, I can always listen to the station. Although, with the 6 hour time difference, I'm going to have a wait 6 more months until I get back to New York to listen to the radio broadcast time slot.

Anyhow, if you're looking for new, up-and-coming artists, I suggest you head over to The Alternate Side's website and stream the live broadcast. It's like candy for the ears.


No comments:

Post a Comment