Thursday, November 4, 2010

Obrigado!

I have NO idea how I ever stumbled upon this musician--- if I can recall, it was on LastFM.

Last summer I was traveling to beautiful Porto, Portugal, to go see my favorite band in the world, WILCO. I believe I was looking for other live shows to catch while I was in the country.

My love affair with B Fachada is true and unending. You can go to his MySpace account page and download several albums, some for free and some very cheap (2 euro), courtesy of his label/distribution company, FlorCaveira. I think I spent my entire summer in 2009 falling asleep to his album entitled "Viola Braguesa."

His older music is a mix of traditional Portuguese folk, seemingly influenced by the American indie-alt-folk group, Iron & Wine. His new album, "B Fachada é Pra Meninos," which is being released on December 10th, reminds me a bit of indie-pop groups like MGMT and Animal Collective. Makes me wanna dance a bit.

Here is an awesome, documentary film-style music video for a new song called "Joana Transmontana."

Joana Transmontana - B Fachada from Tiago Pereira on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment